The dating apps has made finding love easier than ever before, however, with so many different options to choose from, it may for some seem hard to decide which platform is truly the best one for their search. I’ve got you some top dating apps that worth trying.
Why should you use online dating apps?
Many successful relationships have happened through online dating, which is one of the most popular ways for singles to meet in the modern age. However, there are several cons to be aware of. In summary, the benefits and drawbacks of using online dating apps are as follows:
– Free service in many cases
– Simple and Easy to use
– A large dating pool of singles to match with
– Fun, convenient, usable from anywhere on your smartphone
Many of the best online dating apps have a variety of features to help you match with other people who will be compatible with you effectively.
– Paid version offerings can be expensive
– There are a lot of fake and dead profiles and bots on many apps/sites
– You never know who someone really is online
– Some dating apps are less about dating and more about hookups
– It can sometimes be hard to separate serious, real people from all the noise
What should you look for in an online dating app?
Having navigated my fair share of cheesy pick-up lines and bad dates, I know from experience that online dating can be just as complicated as dating IRL. With these popular dating apps, connecting with someone online is more convenient and complicated than ever.
Review and compare the following list of the best dating apps to find out features, and other helpful tools to find compatible singles online.
- Match – A more friendly online dating experience
- Zoosk – Meeting people who fit your high-end style of living
- Okcupid – Dating open-minded singles
- Eharmony – Building a serious and long-time relationship
- Xdate – Finding one night stand casual fun
- Ourtime – Connecting mature mate in the over-50s dating pool
- Xfun – Seeking NSA and FWB relationship
Now Let’s see, What dating app has the highest success rate for men?
- Successful dating apps depend on apps with the most members and the most engagement. This is true for all genders. It’s not like men are going to be more successful on one app and women on another, at least for heterosexual dating.
- Dating apps are limited in that all they do is facilitate connections. It’s still up to the user so take those connections and do something with it. They still have to appeal to the people they are interested in. The problem with most men on dating apps is that they think that the app will do the work for them and don’t put any effort into actually doing anything with the connections that they have.
One advantage of being polyamorous is that my partners tend to be on dating apps while I’m with them. Seeing the things that women go through on dating apps makes me surprised women use them at all. It has also made me more successful on dating apps because all I have to do is clear the very low bar set by the majority of men on dating apps.
So the answer is Tinder because it has the largest user base and the largest engagement. There are others that are successful on as well, but Tinder is king in the U.S. at least.
Also, my tongue-in-cheek, factually correct, but probably not what the asker was looking for answer is Grindr. You really can’t get better success there, unless of course you are looking for women.
What are some tips for online dating as a woman?
Spend as much time as you want chatting online. If you move to text or phone, remember that you’re giving your phone number away, a critical piece of safety information. Some women block the number so the recipient can’t see it. That’s just smart. If you text, you are extending a lot of trust credit to someone.
Most men you meet are going to be interested in sex. That doesn’t make them bad. It’s the way it is. You cannot judge them for that but you can judge them on how they act. If all they are after is sex they will be pushing hard early for it, for nudes, for esex, for meeting at a motel, etc. It’s okay to want sex: we are sexual creatures. But if you are looking for a relationship make sure you investigate the man’s motives because if he just wants fast sex, it will be apparent. In the old days when Craigslist still had Personals until the Republican FOSTA act put them out of business, “Casual Encounters” usually meant hookers; “Seeking Relationship” meant sex right away and “Strictly Platonic” meant sex after three dates. Being an expert at Craigslist in the old days, I can tell you this joke has a lot of truth to it.
Online dating is about safety first, building trust and accepting what you find if it’s good for you. If you don’t know what your goals are (casual sex, dating, marriage) and you don’t know what you really want, then it will be harder to find it. Make a list of all the things you want in a mate and prioritise, then look at the top ten. If you can get any five, you’re doing really well.