What is Fishtail Braid?
A fishtail braid is a type of braid that has a similar appearance to a fish’s tail. It is created by dividing the hair into two equal sections and then braiding the hair by taking small pieces from the outside of each section and crossing them over to the opposite section. The result is a braided pattern that looks like a fishtail. Fishtail braids can be worn on their own or used as a decorative element in more complex hairstyles. They are a popular choice for both casual and formal occasions.
Fishtail Braid Process:
- Start by separating your hair into two equal sections.
- Take a small piece of hair from the outside of one of the sections, and pull it over to the other section.
- Repeat this step on the other side, taking a small piece of hair from the outside of the other section and pulling it over to the first section.
- Continue braiding by alternating between the two sides, pulling small pieces of hair over to the opposite section each time.
- Keep braiding until you reach the end of your hair, and secure the braid with an elastic band.
Step-By-Step Guide With Pictures:
Best Fishtail Braid Tutorials Available on Youtube:
#1 How To Fishtail Braid For Beginners by GlamFam Hair & Beauty
#2 10 Basic Braids For Beginners – How To Braid Hair, Cute & Easy Everyday Hairstyles by EverydayHairInspiration
#3 3 FALL FISHTAIL BRAIDS By Missy Sue
You can try all of these video tutorials and see what works the best for you because everybody has a different kind of hairs. Hence it’s important to check what looks the best on your head and then continue doing or preparing that style for yourself. I hope this article will help you in all case if you are looking for how to do fishtail braid! Comment your queries and questions and we’ll try to sort it out soon.